Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Artful Blogging Party

Welcome to my party! Sit down, and have a piece of "cake". It's so wonderful to see all my old friends and make new friends today. I hope my daughter is the mood to watch a lot of Baby Einstein, because I have a feeling I'm going to busy entertaining all day!

My tutorial comes from the very early days of my creative journey. About 2 years ago, I started to realize that I really wanted to make a art for a living & began to work on little projects. I didn't have any formal training and was just making stuff up as I went along. (Sometimes I wish I was still that naive-it's easier to come up with really original ideas!) Anyway, I wanted to transfer an old photograph onto a canvas & had no knowledge of image transfer techniques at the time-so I improvised. I scanned a beloved picture into the computer & printed it out onto iron-on transfer paper. Then I ironed the image onto a stretched canvas. The image doesn't transfer perfectly, but that just gives it an aged look. Then I went back in and painted in the rest of the scene. If you have text on your original picture, don't forget to reverse it before you print out the transfer. This is a really fun project & one I really need to play with more. If you try it, I'd love to see the results.

Well, I'll let you go visit the other talented bloggers who are also hosting a blog party today. If you need a map, go here first. Come and visit again soon!