Monday, August 6, 2007

CUPCAKES!!!


I received my lovely cupcake goodies from my sweet swap buddy, Stephanie. My favorite thing was a beautiful, pink glass serving plate. I'm so glad it made it all the way from Germany! Thank you for the thoughtful swap package Stephanie!

I just shipped off a hostess gift for our wonderful swap hostess, Rosalyn-Sue, and am waiting for the paint to dry on a painting I did for my swap partner & then her goodies go out. It was difficult for me to make something for her. Her favorite colors are red, emerald green, seafoam green & royal blue. As you all know those colors are completely out of my usual color palette! I was amazed to discover how closely linked my creativity was linked to the colors I am fond of! I really struggled! But I'm not complaining! I appreciate the challenge & hope that Stephanie likes the results. I'll post pictures of what I'm sending once the package is all together.

Today is Etsy day. In lieu of making myself crazy, I've started assigning different days of the week to different tasks. Mondays are for loading new products into my store. I figure that I usual get the most made over the weekend, so it should be perfect timing. Here's how the rest of my week looks-Tuesdays are for marketing the old blog, on Wednesdays I work on submissions & swaps, and Thursdays are for working on my licensing & illustration goals. We'll see how this new schedule works out.

Here are a couple of pictures of what I'm loading into the store today. Thought I'd stick to the cupcake & sweets theme today. They are both small, acrylic paintings. Visit my Etsy shop for details about them!