Thursday, August 16, 2007

Watercolors-Inspire Me Thursday

I took a break from drawing for awhile. For some reason I just couldn't think of anything to draw. Well, I'm back. Most of these pictures are done with watercolors and ink, with a little collage thrown in for fun. The first one is my mom in her First Communion dress (again). I don't know whether I'm obsessed with the image or if it's just one that I have a lot of copies of & I don't want to go through the trouble of printing out copies of another image. The second one is me. I used the gel medium transfer technique to transfer my toddler picture to the center of the watercolor paper. I keep having these dreams/feelings as I'm falling asleep. I feel like I'm growing-like I'm being stretched. Maybe it's a desire to be taller (I'm only 5'1") or maybe it has a bit more spiritual meaning...that I'm growing as a person. I'll pick the later. It sounds better. The last one is just one of my sweets watercolors. I'm thinking of adding some millinery flowers or something to it. I used Twinkling H2Os, so it has a little sparkle to it.

You'll be getting a flurry of posts here. I've been busy, and I have a lot to show you, plus I'm leaving on vacation this weekend & want to give you a store of entries to read. That way you won't miss me too much! (But I'll be missing all of you.)