Thursday, August 23, 2007

Get Famous!

Somerset Wedding is looking for artwork. I know many of you are fans of the Stampington publications and this is your chance to submit your artwork. Here's what they are looking for:

There are opportunities for paper, mixed media, scrapbookers, or clothing artists. The chapters are Preparing, Uniting, Celebrating, and Remembering. The type of things we're looking for is wedding decorations, favors, artful invitations, scrapbook pages, thank you cards, things for the bride/wedding party to wear, bachelorette party stuff, etc. Both traditional and unconventional styles are welcome.

The trick is the deadline is September 15th! Please don't be scared to submit. The worst that can happen is that they won't be able to use your work. Not because it isn't any good, but because they have to match the artwork to the theme & image they have in mind. I submitted to Stampington for the first time early this spring & am proud to say that one of my Halloween ATCs will be in the special Holidays issue that is coming out on September 1st. If I can do it, you can do it. So send in your artwork today! Go here to see the submission guidelines. Good luck & let me know what happens.

I was just notified by the Somerset publisher that my ATC didn't make the issue that's coming out in September. It will be in one of the issues in 2008. (I hope!) I'll keep you up to date though. Thanks for your well wishes!