Thursday, August 23, 2007

Living a Beautiful Life

Do you know what I love most about reading blogs? They inspire me to live beautifully & creatively. Every blog I read (see my blog list on the lower right), always show pictures of simple, yet beautiful scenes of everyday life. From Sunday dinners to cleaning your house. It reminds of a book I read ages ago. Living a Beautiful Life by Alexandra Stoddard. The book gives you tips for turning the everyday into an event. Alexandra even recommends putting a vase of flowers in your fridge so that every time you open it, you are met with something beautiful. I haven't gone that far, but I have occasionally arranged fruit in a bowl for my icebox viewing pleasure. I reread this book every few years, to remind myself to make my life special. It encourages me to pull out the wedding china and use it for breakfast...stuff like that. And reading blogs inspires me the same way.

Afer all, if for nothing else, I try to arrange certain everyday events just so I have good pictures for the old blog. So I want to know-what little rituals do you have to make the everyday special?