Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Vintage Kitchen Swap


I played in the Garboodles Vintage Kitchen Swap this month. The funny thing is my partner was my friend & neighbor, Michelle! We decided to stick together because we wouldn't have to pay for shipping-which meant more goodies for us! We met for lunch today to exchange our gifts. It was like Christmas in July. I could hardly wait until she got here! Here's a peak at what I made for her.



It's a collage I did on a 5x7 canvas and then attached magnets to the back to make it a fridge decoration! I'm sure she'll be posting pictures of all the goodies she got from me on her blog, so check it out over there.

Here's what I got. Before I tore into the beautiful wrappping.



Now what's inside. Just the cutest, pinkest stuff ever! It's nice to swap with someone who's already been in your kitchen-they can really match your style! Thanks so much Michelle. I love everything! Look at the crown she made me! She took a picture of me wearing it, so it will either be on her blog or I'll post it here when she sends me a copy. It's darling! There were also vintage ads for me to use in my art, red & white checked dish towels, yummy smelling lemon verbena soap, an old biscuit cutter....just so generous! I think my favorite is that lovely PINK (!) enamelware pot!