Thursday, September 6, 2007

Art Retreat

I'm starting to get excited. I'm going to be going on retreat at Art and Soul in a little less than a month! I can't wait. This is my first time doing something like this. The best part is, my mom is joining me. We go away for a weekend almost every year to celebrate our November birthdays. We've missed a couple of years because I was busy having a baby and then dealing with a newborn, but my daughter is two now and we decided to have a big blow-out to make-up for lost time.

I was lucky enough to get classes with Claudine Hellmuth and with Sally Jean Alexander. I can't wait to meet these talented women and learn everything I can from them.

It's my understanding that you should have about 30 things to trade with you because everyone is exchanging artwork during hte retreat. Which means I better get busy because I've only got about 10 things done. Here a couple samples of what I'm making. The theme is At Home with Art and Soul, so I'm doing some domestic themed work. Of course, I've also got to throw-in a little shabby chic/cute stuff too!

Some tags

Some small journals (the bottom picture is the back of one of the journals I made-I just love it!)

So, here's what I want to know-if you have been on this retreat before, do you have any advice? And, who's going? Leave a comment of send me an email if you are going. Maybe we can all arrange to meet one night or something.