Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Catching UP

I've been a bad girl about keeping up with all the blog reindeer games! I've been tagged twice & received an award & haven't blogged about any of it. Sorry! This post is my official catch-up post.



First, the fun stuff! I won an award from Christine at Bella Colle! "The Power of Schmooze Award is for bloggers who effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.." Thanks Christine! You are so sweet to think of me. Now I'm tagging, Nikki at Whimsy Love, Michelle at Faerie Dust Dreams and Susan at Red Bess Bonney.

Speaking of Susan, she tagged me for the 6 Things About Myself, and my mom tagged me for the 7 Weird Things game. So I'm going to cheat and just do the 7 Weird Things and we're going to have to consider it counting for both ok? No one wants to sit through a post with 13 things about me anyway!

7 Weird Things About Me

1. I practically hyperventilate if I'm in a huge crowd & it's difficult to move around. I think it's because I'm so short and can only see a bunch of arms all around me. Plus, I hate being confined & if I can't move around quickly, I feel confined.

2. I have to wash my make-up off every night & brush my teeth. I mean no matter how tired I am or if, like in the old days, I had too much to drink, I still have to do it. I feel absolutely disgusting if I don't. I also have to have clean feet before I slide into bed.

3. I love it when it rains, but only if I can be home-all cozy. I've cancelled plans because it's raining, just so I can stay home in my nest. Good thing I live in Southern California or I'd never go out.

4. I have two signature scents and won't wear any other perfume. In the Spring/Summer I wear Pleasures and in the Fall/Winter I wear Knowing. Both are by Estee Lauder. I've worn Knowing since before I met husband 13 years ago.

5. I love cheese. I mean unnaturally so. I wouldn't be overweight if I could get over my love of cheese. I could give up sweets (yes, even cupcakes!) in a minute, but cheese-especially melted is my downfall.

6. I am incredibly neat & organized. Like Monica on Friends. I can't go to bed until the living room is back in order. I can't stand it if a lampshade or picture is crooked-I MUST get up and straighten it.

7. My husband and I chase each other up the steps. Or we used to-before my daughter came along. Every once in awhile, one of us would suddenly go after the other one. I love that rush you get-where someone is chasing you and you have to hurry or you'll be caught. Your heart beats so fast. I mean I knew who was chasing me, but that innate flight or fight rush comes over you whenever you get chased. (Or am I the only one who feels that way?) I think a good marriage is based on your ability to be silly together. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to chase my husband up the stairs tonight...

Wow-that's a humbling exercise. Am I really that weird? Yikes! I'm supposed to tag a billion people or something, but I already tagged 3, so I think I'm done.