Monday, September 24, 2007

GPP Street Team Crusade No. 12


The GPP Street Team's 12th Crusade is Crush. We're supposed to admit to our crush, our obsession, our infatuation. Well, this is going to come as a huge surprise (NOT), but my crush is cupcakes. I know that's sweet & girly & a little too cute. Even for me. Especially for me. I have spent most of my adult life trying to hide the girl I once was. The one who wore pink and was bubbly. The one who thought Pretty in Pink was the best movie ever. Instead, I paraded around in business suits and acted like a tough business woman, trying to overcome my short stature and my little girl voice. The closest I came to reconnecting with my old self was my love of Sex in the City, but even that has an edge, right?

Then, wham! I had a baby girl. Suddenly pink was surrounding me and all the memories came flooding back and I realized, I was the happiest when I was wearing pink and floral dresses and being "cute". During the whole crazy, topsy turvy stuff I went through from becoming a mother, I picked up art again. At first, I tried to stay in the tough mode. Lots of dark, vintage, distressed stuff-and I did okay, but it was missing something. Then one day I picked up my watercolors and drew a cupcake! I was hooked. I feel the happiest when I am painting whimsical & sweets topics in pastel colors. It's because I am really being true about who I am and what I like. I still do some distressed and vintage work, but it has a more romantic feel now.



So now I am a woman obsessed. Hello! My name is Laura and I'm a cupcakeholic.