Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Weight Loss Wednesdays


I was thinking of starting a little support group to help each other lose weight. It seems like I'm reading a lot of blog posts lately about how people want to drop some pounds & I'm certainly among them.

I thought it might be fun to support each other. Here's how it would work:

Leave a comment or email me (with your email address) at this post. I'll also want to know how many pounds you want to lose. You don't have to say how much you weigh, just how much you want to lose. I'll try to pair everyone up with someone who has similiar goals. Once you have your partner, you are responsible for supporting each other with fun & encouraging mail and emails. In addition to that, every Wednesday I'll post a diet related topic as a call for artwork. Use the theme in your journal, a painting, a collage-whatever you like. Post a link in the Weight Loss Wednesday post so we can all see what everyone is doing. The last piece of this is that when someone reaches their goal, we will all celebrate with them & send them a congratulatory package.

So, what do you think? Should we give it a try? How about committing to this for 6 weeks and we'll see how it goes? Set your weight loss goal for something you can realistically obtain within 6 weeks. Sign-up at this post by September 24th. In order to make this worth everyone's while, I'll need to have at least 10 people sign-up. I'll let you know if we make it to that number or not.

Now, I have to tell you, I'm not a doctor & can't give weight loss advice or be held responsible for your health. It's up to you to talk to your doc & make sure you can start a diet and exercise plan. This is just a way to support each other, ok? (I had to get that out-my lawyer said so! LOL!) I'm off to do some sit-ups.