Tuesday, October 23, 2007


Just wanted to post a brief note to let you know that things are a little crazy around here. I live in Orange County, California and pretty much all of Southern California is burning right now! Our home is safe-the nearest fire is Santiago Canyon and that's about 10 miles away. We have a lot of smoke, so it's a bit uncomfortable as far as breathing goes, but all is well.

I'm having more trouble adjusting to my husband being underfoot! He works in San Diego and his office has closed due to the fires. I love him dearly, but he's really putting a wrench in my daily routine. He's been in my office, using the internet access and trying to work from home. We are kind of stepping all over one another! Plus, my two year old daughter is tired of being locked up in the house. We can't go to the park because of the poor air quality. We all went to the mall to walk off some energy this morning, but the place was packed! Apparently, we weren't the only ones to come up with such a brilliant idea.

I woke up early this morning. I have asthma, usually only when I'm around cats, but it's acting up with all the smoke. It probably doesn't help that I was an idiot & smoked for 10 years in my early life. I quit about 10 years ago, but I'm sure my lungs are damaged. Anyway, I wasn't struggling for breath, but I was uncomfortable. It's a little scary, because there is almost nowhere to go that doesn't have smoke right now. It seems like anywhere within driving distance is on fire. Makes a person nervous...

I am so thankful that we are safe and our home isn't in any danger. We are keeping our fingers crossed for everyone in the line of fire.

I'll be back to normal life soon!