Friday, October 12, 2007

The last post about Art & Soul

You are probably sick & tired of hearing about my art retreat, but I wanted to share just a couple more things with you.



Look at the goodies I received in trades! I brought about 30 trades with me & am so glad I did. It was really fun to walk into a classroom and see a frenzy of people trading their art. I received a lot of charms & need to hit the local store to pick-up a charm bracelet-I thought it would be really cool to have it as souvenir of my trip!

We also each received a little cardboard house a few months ago & were instructed to embellish it & bring it to the retreat for a contest. The pictures below are my house. I was super proud of it, until I walked over and saw what everyone else did. I was so humbled by the creativity I saw. One of the winners soldered a glass house around their decked out cardboard house! The other winner, cut their house in half and made each half the covers of an altered book! It was amazing!






Of course, I waited until the last minute to put it together. I really got inspired though & finished it in 2 days. I especially love the side with the ballerina cake topper and the crystals hanging from the roof. I had such a good time doing it that I think I'm going to start a Christmas tradition & make a different one each year. I think a collection of arty, handmade houses is way more fun than collecting Dept 56. (Although I do LOVE those villages!)