Monday, October 8, 2007

My Soul is Full of Art


I'm back! For those of you wondering where I've been, I just returned from 4 days in Portland, Oregon. I was at the famous art retreat, Art & Soul. It was wonderful! I've never been on an art retreat before & this was a great first experience. I was lucky enough to go with my mom, so we had some good bonding time too.

I think I made some of my best artwork ever at the retreat. The instructors were wonderful & the environment was so creative, how could I not make great art? I'll be sharing all kinds of artwork from the trip over the next couple of days, so keep visiting to get the full story.

On Saturday, I took a class with Claudine Hellmuth, called Magazine Alterology. Claudine is a great teacher & just too sweet for words. The artwork featured today is what I made during the class. I'm planning on doing a complete series of these-each lady in a different color. I altered Vogue magazine pages, put new heads on the models and added paper scraps, paint and charcoal to achieve these dreamy images. I love how romatic they look. I'm thinking of making a set of notecards for my Etsy shop using these collages.



As you can imagine, my house is a mess, (m husband & two year old were left alone for 4 days!) so I need to get get everything back in it's place. Tomorrow, I'll share the project I did in Sally Jean Alexander's class!