Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Weight Loss Wednesdays-Week Three!

Can you believe we are halfway through this little social experiment? How's everyone doing? I've lost 2.5 pounds. I'm not the quickest loser, but at least I'm heading in the right direction! For those of you just joining us & want to know what this is all about, you can go to this post.

I received a wonderful package from my partner, Marilyn yesterday. It was full of little collage elements. It really does help to get these little surprises. I don't know if it was because I was reminded that I was accountable to her for this weight loss challenge, or if the package made me feel good (I tend to comfort myself with food), but I felt a renewed sense of willpower & stuck to my diet perfectly last night. Thanks so much Marilyn! (I bet ordering yourself something would work too-head over to Marilyn's shop to see all her wonderful offerings & treat yourself with art not food!)

Thanks to everyone who is sharing their challenges in their blogs. I hope you are finding these challenges inspiring. Are you all doing well with your partners? Let me know if there are any problems ok? And please keep sharing your journey with us. Just post a stratic link in the comments of this post. I also ask that if you are participating, you should go visit your fellow participants blog links and give them a little love, ok?

Now onto this week's challenges!

Diet Challenge

You should be eating 9 servings of fruits & veggies a day! Holy smokes that's a lot, but can you imagine how full you would be if you actually ate that much. Fruits and veggies are low calorie & a great way to fill up. I recently read a tip that you should eat one fruit & one veggie with every meal to help you reach your daily goal. Don't forget you want to eat rainbow of colors too! So my challenge to you is to try to eat your required servings & do a journal page about it. How about a page about why you hate vegetables? Or an ode to your favorite fruit? Or a page about the number 9? Or a collage using pictures of fruits and vegetables to build a rainbow? Get creative!

Exercise Challenge

Try lifting weights as one of your workouts this week. The more muscle you have on your body, the faster your metabolism works-even when you are resting. I don't know about you, but my metabolism needs all the help it can get! And-NO!-weight training does NOT add bulk to you. Muscle takes up less space than fat, so you may actually see smaller dress sizes even when the scale is staying the same. I carry the majority of my weight in my hips, butt & thighs and squats were the only thing that helped me lose inches there. Your journal page for this challenge should be an exploration of what's weighing you down. (A play on words, get it?) What is keeping you from reaching your goals? Explore how you can overcome these obstacles as you get stronger both physically & mentally.