Monday, November 19, 2007

Prom 1988

I'm taking a walk down memory lane in honor of Natasha's Virtual Prom. My senior prom was in 1988 and I wore pink lame. It went all the way down to my ankles, then flared out at the bottom. Like a mermaid dress. (My daughter would have been thrilled!) Embarrassing, but true. You can see a bit of the dress in the old picture below. My boyfriend broke-up with me at prom that night. (Don't worry Jeff, I'm over it now. LOL!) I still have fond memories of the evening, so I guess it wasn't that bad. I went to a small, all girls, Catholic high school. We had our prom with the local boys Catholic School and another all girls school. I went to three proms when I was in high school, my Junior & Senior proms and I went when I was Sophomore (with my boyfriend at the time-not the one who broke-up with me!) to his Junior prom.

My favorite song at the time was OMD's If You Leave. I still like that song. Didn't you love Pretty in Pink? I can't wait to introduce my daughter to that movie. Okay, I'm digressing. I could tell you more stories about my prom night, but my mom reads my blog. I'm just kidding-all in all I was pretty good kid.

In celebration of the this wonderful prom event, I'm offering a drawing. Leave a comment and I'll pick 2 winners on Friday. One winner will receive a set of my Purple Dress note cards and the other winner will receive my Holiday Dress note cards! I figure they kind of look like prom dresses, right? If you can't wait to see if you win & want to buy either of these note card sets, follow the links and order through Etsy. If you put PROM in the comments of the order, I'll give you 25% off. Don't pay until you get a revised invoice from me. This offer only applies to the note cards I mentioned and will run through November 30th.

I'm off to visit more prom entries!