Thursday, December 6, 2007

Twelve Days of Christmas Sale continues & 5 Random Things


Today, I'm marking one of my first, original watercolor/collage creations off by 50%! It's this darling Ice Cream Soda collage. The soda is handpainted by me. It would be super cute in a retro kitchen or a child's room. To see this item and all the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas Sales Items, visit here.

I'm not renewing any of these items in my shop. They are all originals, not reproductions and I need to make room for all the changes I'm planning for 2008.

I was tagged by Michelle in the Five Random Things Game.
Here it goes:

1. I love musicals. My favorite is probably The Sound of Music, but it's hard to choose just one.

2. I played the violin for 3 years from Grades 3-6. Whenever I practiced, my family said it sounded like I was killing cats. Despite their "support", I used to dream of being a concert violinist one day.

3. I have 2 younger sisters and 1 brother. My brother & youngest sister are twins. People actually used to ask my mom if they were fraternal or identical! My mom had 4 children in 5 years! I don't know how she did it.

4. My husband is Canadian. I sponsored him for his green card. I don't think that's the only reason he married me, but when we were first married we did have to get interviewed to prove we weren't scamming Immigration and that we really loved each other. (My dad said he would bring the receipts for the wedding as proof!) I even had to sign a document saying I would support him & that I wouldn't let him become a financial burden on the social system here. He's becoming a U.S. citizen on December 20th. I guess I can't hold that whole, "I got you into this country and I can get you kicked out", thing over his head anymore.

5. I lived in Ohio (Cleveland & Mentor) for the first 12 years of my life, then my Dad got a job in California & we moved here.

I'm supposed to tag 7 other people, but I don't have the energy. Although, I am tagging my mom. Consider it payback for the violin-killing cats comment.