Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bake me a cake as fast you can


I thought I would give you a break from the heavy & deep posts today. A couple of weeks ago it was my sister's birthday & my niece, daughter & I all made her cake. As you can see my helpers were only there for one thing-FROSTING!

Actually, I'm kind of getting sick of cakes. I know!...katydiddy sick of sweets? I'm taking a cake decorating class & have to bring a cake to class each week to practice on. I just went to my third class last night. I learned how to make those fancy roses that everyone wants on their piece of cake. Very hard! My roses kept looking like cabbage roses. I tried to tell myself that it was because I'm into the whole "shabby chic" thing, but I'm pretty sure it's just lack of talent. I never said I was any good at 3 dimensional artwork.

I figured that I better get some cake making skills because my daughter will be looking for fancy cakes for her birthday before I know it. I also thought it might be inspiration for my paintings and I'm even thinking of trying my hand a faux cake, so I wanted to get some decorating tips down.

Hope you're having a sweet day!