Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Russian Nesting Doll Katie Faces

I know everyone is doing Russian Nesting dolls right now, but I swear I did this painting way back in November just before I got that horrible, never-ending cold! I love this little painting & am thinking of adding some notecards to my store with it.

I was reading an article the other day about successfully selling handmade cards & the author said that you shouldn't have blank cards in your mix-that they should be heavy on birthday greetings. What are your thoughts on this? I personally kind of like having a supply of blank cards on hand that I can use for whatever comes up, but maybe that's just me.

My husband is back at work today & I am able to finally reclaim the house. I love him dearly & enjoyed spending the holidays with him, but BOY! is he MESSY! I also didn't get to blog or make much art either. So basically what I'm saying is I'm a total creature of habit. I love being in my little rut and I get cranky when I get do my thing.

I did get to work on 4 paintings last night & I'm looking forward to sharing them with you this week. I'm back in action, so get ready for some eye candy!