Sunday, January 20, 2008

Synchronicity


Chance is always powerful. Let you hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -Ovid

In the book, The Artist's Way, Julia Cameron talks about the power of synchronicity in an artist's life and processes. Yesterday, I told you I thought the universe wasn't helping me because it didn't know what I wanted. I was looking for magic, but hadn't set-up the trick. Well, I have to tell you, the universe received my list of goals and got to work immediately. (I could almost hear the collective sigh of relief, "Finally! Now I now what she wants!") Within an hour of writing out my goals, one of which was to have 3 wholesale accounts, I received an email from a store in Texas requesting wholesale information from me! It was totally out of the blue. I got chills when I opened my email and saw the subject line jump out at me "wholesale request". It really makes me feel blessed. Like the universe really wants me to be happy.

Have you experienced synchronicity lately? Once you open yourself up to the idea, it's amazing to see what happens. Try this exercise to start out. Pick something, a word, an image & then keep track of the number times that word or image shows up in your life that day. You'll be amazed. The first time I did this exercise, I chose a butterfly. The next thing I knew, they were in my yard, on necklaces on the characters of my favorite TV show, on the shirt of friend. It's not magic (well maybe it is). It's just that when you set an intention to find these things in your life, you are more aware. The same goes for your goals. Once you set the intention, you start to see all the opportunities for making it happen.

I'd love to hear about your synchronises!

By the way, the painting above is one that I did yesterday. I love it! It's a bit different than my "Katie Face" paintings. One thing I reflected on after I painted it was that the girl's eyes are open. If you look at my body of work, the majority of my paintings feature closed eyes. I wonder if all my self realization yesterday was subconsciously reflected in this painting. My eyes are open for possibilities now.