Friday, January 25, 2008

Too cute



I'm sketching everyday as I promised myself I would. Some days I hate what I draw & I struggle against ripping the pages out of my sketchbook. I try to keep the bad ones in there because I want to see my progress and I want to learn from mistakes, but the perfectionist in me is afraid I'm "ruining" the book. But other days, I actually love what comes out. I sit in wonder that I actually drew something that looks good. Or, sometimes, I look at a sketch and think, this is the seed of some great creative discovery for me. Today's sketch falls in last category. I love this little birdy-flower-arrangement. It looks so whimsical. It looks like it should be stitched onto something. It looks like it might want to be done in watercolor. It looks like the start of something of good.