Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Madame Alexander


Hold onto your hats! I am super inspired tonight and am in the mood to share my work with you! (I'm making up for lost time, I suppose!)

This is a card I made for my mom. She's being honored at a tea party tomorrow for her charity work with this organization. I'm so proud of her!

I took a picture of my mom's old Madame Alexander doll and used the head for the card. I played with the doll as a child until I came home from school one day to discover that my younger, brother & sister (aka "the twins") had literally torn her limb from limb. No more arms for Madame Alexander.

I have the armless doll in my studio now. She's very inspiring to me and I used her as a model for the paintings below a few months ago. You can get note cards with reproductions of these paintings here.