Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On the Road

Every year, I ask my husband where we should go on vacation. We try to take a vacation alone together & then one family vacation. I knew we were traveling to Canada to visit his family for our family trip, but I wanted to know where we were going! When he said, "I have a conference in Toledo this year, so I thought you could come with me." I thought, Toledo? Ohio? Not my idea of a vacation! (I can say this because I'm from Ohio, so don't get insulted!) Turns out he means Toledo, SPAIN!!!! We're going the end of May. He'll be in meetings all day, so I have dreams of wandering the city and sketching, with no one waiting for me! We'll probably tack a couple of days in Madrid onto the trip too. Barcelona is one of my favorite European cities, so I'm very excited to explore more of Spain. We used to travel extensively and, when I had my daughter, I was afraid our wandering years were over. Looks like we are back on the road.

Toledo is supposed to be a beautiful, unique, old city. It's the home of El Greco. The picture on today's post is his painting of Toledo.

So, I'm wondering...any readers out there near Toledo? Do you know someone there? I'd love to meet up with some of my fellow European bloggers for a day. My Spanish es muy mal, so English-speaking would be helpful. I just think it would be really fun to spend the day sightseeing with a fellow artist. Let me know if you know anyone.