Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A little of this and a little of that

First off, I want to announce the winner of my anniversary drawing! Anandi! You won 50% off your next order from my Etsy shop! Holy Smokes! Order quick because my shop is going inactive from May 24-June 2 as I'll be in Spain then.

I've been doing a little of this and a little of that lately & will be slowly sharing. Last week, I made these cutie buttons out of shrink plastic using my own illustrations & collages. They were so much fun to make & are a new way to play with my art. I had a good time sewing them onto little tags & I think they will be cute additions to tote bags or even children's clothing. (Okay, some may even wind up on a sweater or two of mine.)

I sent out my electronic newsletter today. If you don't already get it, you can see the latest issue on my website. I'm doing a three part series about getting published, so you aren't going to want to miss out! I interviewed Kelly Snelling this month and Artsy Mama is up for next month. Subscribe today if you aren't already on the list. It's free and you can sign-up in the little box of this web page.

For my last bit of news, I went to my mailbox the other day and found the latest issue (Summer 2008) of Somerset Gallery there. Hmmm...didn't order it. Why did I get it? Turns out I have a piece of artwork in it. I must have forgotten about it or something. Very exciting though!