Thursday, May 22, 2008

Somerset Memories


I'm honored to say that I have article on my visual journal in the June/July issue of Somerset Memories! Six whole pages! I just got my copy in the mail & the editor did a great job laying out the article.



I bet you thought I forgot about painting. I've been showing you all these paper crafts and crafting projects, but I have been painting too! I'm starting to formulate ways to integrate my original artwork into crafts. I think the bust painting might just make its way into becoming a shrink plastic button or brooch. Maybe I'll learn Photoshop one of these days and make some artist's papers with my backgrounds and paintings.



Do you recognize this doll? The painting was inspired by the doll I placed in my birdcage (see the post below). She needs some more work, but I think she's pretty fun.