Thursday, June 12, 2008

Last post about Madrid

I promise! We went to the Rastro (flea market) in Madrid on our last day there. It covers many, many city blocks. It's filled with your usual junk-new & old. I think the entire city turned out for it.
I purchased some great, vintage postcards. You can't really tell here, but they are embroidered. Very cute. The backs have messages in a bunch of different languages. I've got some great project ideas for using these images, so stay tuned.

I love this picture. It was slightly damaged so they only charged me about the 25 cents for it! I'm sure you will see it in future artwork.
And, just to wrap-up the whole trip, I thought I would share some pictures from my sketch book. I didn't end up sketching as much as I thought I would, but I have all my pictures that I can sketch from now, so that's okay.

Here's a painting I did based on the bedspread in our hotel room in Toledo. What can I say? I was jet lagged, awake in the middle of night & looking for something to do!
Here's the bedspread-it was embroidered & pretty cool for a hotel bedspread!

Thanks for being patient while I shared about my trip! Back to the usual blogging now!