Monday, June 9, 2008

The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plain

Or, in this case, in Madrid. It rained pretty much the whole time we were there. It was on and off though so we were able to see a lot of the city. Today's pictures are of my husband & I in a cafe where we had lunch and watched it rain. The restaurant was on the second floor, so we had a good view of the square. We spent the morning at The Prado (art museum) and were in a restful/thoughtful kind of mood.

After lunch, we saw a great candy store (yes, again!) window display that I just had to capture on film. I LOVED the window displays in Madrid-so bright and colorful & creative. They were absolutely amazing.

Next post, I'm going to show pictures from the big flea market they have in Madrid every Sunday & then I'm done. Well, maybe I'll share a glimpse of my sketchbook, but that's it! Even I'm getting bored of my vacation pictures at this point!

In non-vacation news-tomorrow is my daughter's third birthday. The fastest & happiest three years of my life. We are going to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate with two of her little friends. Wish me luck. Tell me again why Chuck E Cheese doesn't serve wine?