Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Streets of Toledo

I'm back! Sorry I didn't say good-bye before my trip, but the last minute rush to pack & get organized got out of control! I just got home on Monday from my wonderful trip to Spain & am looking forward to sharing all my pictures with you. Brace yourself, this is going to take a couple of days! I'm going to try to break the pictures up into an understandable order and share them with you.

I'm so glad to be home. Traveling, especially to a foreign country, always makes me appreciate HOME much more! All the little things that you are used to take on huge meaning when they aren't there anymore. I've been complaining a lot about the politics of the USA and the attitudes of US citizens, but once abroad, I realized that there really isn't anywhere else I would like to be.

I am exhausted from speaking another language for 10 days. I was afraid my Spanish was too rusty, but it's amazing how it all comes back to you when you need to ask where the bathroom is or need to find food!

Today, I thought I would share some pictures of the streets of Toledo. The picture above is a view of the old town, taken from my hotel room window!
The day before we arrived was the feast of Corpus Christi so the streets were still decked out for the festivities. I'm disappointed that we missed everything by one day, but at least I still got to see all the decorations.

These are called Gigantes. They are carried in the Corpus Christi parades.

I could have taken a million pictures of the doors, windows and balconies, but I tried to keep it to a minimum.

Next post, I'll show some pictures from the Cathedral!