Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Want to play?

Last week I was supposed to be cleaning my daughter's room & I got sidetracked. I started embellishing. I think I was inpsired by my daughter's new favorite book, Fancy Nancy. If you don't have it, you need to get it. It's really cute and the illustrations are out of this world. I just sit and look at the pictures for hours. Okay, where was I? Oh yes, my daughter's room. So Fancy Nancy has ribbons tied to her dresser drawers, so I had to try that idea. Here are the before and after photos.

Some of the ribbons say 'dream' so it's very cute for her room. Then the chandelier in her room was looking bare, so I added some "pearls".


I am incredibly inspired my daughter. She's my little muse. I pour over Pottery Barn Kids and Land of Nod catalogs like I used to pour over clothing magazines. I get so much inspiration from the whimsical world of childhood. So, I got to thinking. What do my blog buddies do for their childrens' rooms? I want a tour! I want to see all kinds of decorating ideas-from bedrooms to playrooms. If you don't have children, I bet you have something that you could share-maybe something you wished you had in your room as a child? Or do you have pictures of your childhood room? I had a Raggedy Ann room and then a Holly Hobby room. Might have to share some of those pictures too.

So, do you want to play? I was thinking you could sign-up on this post by June 27th. Then, post your best pictures & ideas on July 11 and come back to my blog and tell us you are playing. If you advertise this event on your blog, be sure to mention it in your comment here & you will be entered into a drawing to win something whimsical. There will also be prizes at the playdate on July 11.

Here's a button you can grab for your blog. I can't wait to come over and play!