Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Baby Rings


When I was a little girl, I had to have surgery to have tubes in my ears three times! After my first surgery, when I was 5, my father gave me a ring made out of an old silver spoon. The ring was too big for me, but I grew into it and wore it quite often. I still wear it on my pinky finger occassionally. The ring meant the world to me because my father didn't usually give me gifts. I mean, I got gifts from my parents, but we all knew it was my mom who did the shopping! This ring meant so much to me because my dad picked it out for me.

I also have wonderful memories of children's rings, in varying sizes, made of golden topaz. They belonged to my mother, who shared the same birthstone as I. As I grew into each size of ring, my mother would allow me to borrow the ring to wear for special occassions. I felt so special because I was the only one of the four of us children who had a November birthday, so those rings were only lent to me.

I'm telling you all this because I wanted to promote one of my business buddy's shops. OC Baby just added the most darling children's rings to her shop and all these childhood memories came flooding back to me. Go visit her shop & maybe buy a ring for your little one or a little one you know. Maybe, one day when they are 38, they will tell someone how very much that ring meant to them too.