Friday, July 25, 2008

Painting Class


I didn't mention it before, but I've been taking an 8 week painting class at my local junior college. It's the first real art class I've taken in my adult life and it was pretty scary to go the first day. If you read my bio, you know that I haven't had the best luck with art teachers. Well, this teacher is very caring and seems to understand the delicate nature of teaching a creative art. The two paintings today came out of the class. Do you see a difference? I see a bit of difference in the paintings I do in class, but I seem to revert back to my old ways when I'm in my home studio. I do think I've learned quite a bit about color theory, and a little about casting light correctly and perspective. Perspective is probably the thing I struggle with most. I'm not sure if I'll take more classes or not. I probably will-I love learning. Hope everyone has a sweet weekend!