Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pre-Party


I thought I would get started early for my blog party on Friday. I am really excited about seeing all the inspirational children's rooms & decor ideas. Since I couldn't wait, my daughter & I had a little tea party in the front yard yesterday. We laid a blanket down in front of the roses and had a little Teddy Grahams & Red Vine feast. Of course, Fancy Nancy came too.
It was very sunny, as California tends to be, so I handed over the new paper parasol I made for my daughter's dolls. I think it turned out really cute! It would be cute to have a bunch of these hanging from a bedroom ceiling in a child's room, don't you think? Oh! That idea just came to me! Looks like I'll be making a few more! Maybe I'll do a tutorial-would you be interested?

I also put out my new cupcake boxes. They were one of those ideas that came to me in the middle of the night & actually turned out like I imagined they would. (This doesn't always happen & there are often tears involved when these ideas are attempted!) They would make cute little jewelry boxes in a sweet little girl's room. They are listed in my Etsy shop now.

We even had a mermaid stop by our party, but she couldn't stay long since we don't have a pool. She was also hoping that we would be serving salt water taffy!
We can't wait to see you on Friday, if you are planning on offering taffy, please let our mermaid know. We'll be here, sipping our tea & waiting for you to stop by!