Saturday, August 9, 2008


My three year old daughter has gone ballerina crazy. Part of her reward for getting potty trained (DONE! HAPPY DANCE!) was that she would get to take ballet classes. I can't wait to see that little, round, baby belly in a leotard and tutu! Unfortunately, due to the summer schedules of the classes, she will have to wait until Fall to take a class. I believe in keeping my promises to her, so I made these darling ballerina-inspired goodies to hold her over until we can get her in a class. The photo below is just a paper doll ballerina glued to a wooden clip clothes pin that I attached to her bedroom door. Now she can hang her artwork on her door using her ballerina clip. I also made two ballerina wands.

I got the ideas for these projects from the latest issue of Somerset Life. There was an article about paper dolls in it and I saw Lori Oles' ballerina paper dolls and took them up a notch. All you need to do is find some vintage ballerina photos, copy them onto card stock, sparkle them up with glitter, crepe paper and tulle and then glue them onto a clothes pin (for door hanger) or wooden dowel (for wand). Now that I think about it, there was also an article in the same magazine for wands. I probably subconsciously combined the two ideas!