Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More clothespin dolls


I'm like a woman possessed with this new craft. It's really fun! I've taken my dolls up a notch and added wood bead "heads" to them so that you can see their faces better and I'm trying out pipe cleaner arms while I'm at it. I'm really happy with how they have turned out and am pleased enough with them to offer them in my shop. I'll be uploading them later tonight.

I like my version of a "Frozen Charlotte" doll. While I was browsing the net to look at the faces of Frozen Charlottes, I finally figured out why these dolls are called Frozen Charlottes. It's from a poem from the early 1800s. It's pretty gruesome....about a girl named who Charlotte who really did freeze to death. You can read the poem here. Maybe I should add this doll to my Halloween collection!

This will probably be the last post for a bit. I'm off to the ZNE Convention in Pleasanton, California. I'll be gone Thursday-Sunday. My mom and I are making a road trip of it. Kind of like Thelma & Louise without the legal troubles (hopefully!). We probably shouldn't mess around with any Brad Pitt look alike hitch-hikers either. I'm taking a class with DJ Pettitt, so I'm pretty excited and I'm sure I'll have lots to show you when I get back. Be good while I'm gone!