Friday, September 5, 2008

Fiskars Fridays


Did you know I'm a Fiskateer? What's that you ask? Well, I am a crafting ambassador for Fiskars brand products and I spread Fiskars love! I recently became a Certified Fiskars Demonstrator too, which means that I can go around and teach people how to use their super cool Fiskars tools. I've been a busy bee lately developing classes to offer locally, but I wanted to find a way to share my ideas with everyone, so I thought I would make every Friday "Fiskars Friday" and show you what I've been up to. I hope you enjoy the demos and the craft ideas I'll be offering. If you decide to make this project, I would love to see it, so blog about it and leave a comment on this post so I can run over check out your crafty goodness.

Michaels is having a great sale on all their punches this week, so I ran out and picked out some of Fiskars' border punches. I just recently found out about these cool tools and I think I'm really in love. Because I'm not a big scrapbooker (although I'm sure these punches would have awesome uses in scrapbooking), I used the punches to doll up my gift wrapping. I love to make beautifully wrapped gifts, and these punches really make my gifts pop.

Here's the tutorial:

Wrapping It Up with Fiskars

Supply List:

• Fiskars™ Border Punches: “Flowers” & “Leave it to Weaver”
• Scrapbook Paper
• Tissue Paper
• Fiskars™ Paper Trimmer
• Embellishments like Heidi Grace™ flowers
• Ribbon (must measure just under ½” wide)

Gift #1
1. Cut a 1” strip of scrapbook paper using your paper trimmer
2. Using your “Flowers” border punch, punch the strip of paper
3. Wrap your gift box in tissue paper
4. Wrap the punched strip of paper around your box. If you have a large strip, use multiple strips of paper and make sure you line-up the designs on the strips. Use double sided tape to attach the strip to the wrapped gift box. Add a paper flower or other embellishment.

Gift #2
1. Cut a 1” strip of scrapbook paper trimmer
2. Using the “Leave it to Weaver” punch, punch the strip of paper
3. Wrap your gift box in tissue paper
4. Wrap the strip of punched paper around your box and cut to size, leaving a ¼” gap between the ends of the strip
5. Thread ribbon through the punched strip and leave long tails of ribbon hanging from each side of the strip. Wrap the strip around the box and tie a bow using the ribbon tails. Make sure the ribbon ties at the top of your box.

Other gift wrapping ideas:
• Instead of using tissue paper to wrap gifts, use newspaper or pages from the yellow or white pages of your phone book. Old maps also make great wrapping paper!
• Embellishment ideas: buttons, rhinestones, and old pieces of jewelry