Friday, October 17, 2008

Fiskars Fridays

I have a lot to cover today, Fiskars related and not. First-the image here is a lay-out I did for Michelle's scrapbook group's October Sketch Challenge. It's me drinking Mayflower Martinis after a day of cooking for Thanksgiving last year. Not your typical subject matter, but you know I have to shake things up! I've been playing around in the wonderful world of scrapbooking and I'm still on the fence about whether or not I like it, but it doesn't hurt to stretch myself once in awhile! I also did the Fiskars October Lay-out Sketch Challenge, but I'm not posting here because it has full shots of my daughter and I try not to spread her image all over the internet. If you are a Fiskateer, you can see it my gallery. I'm Fiskateer #1150. I feel better posting it there because it's limited to Fiskateers (I hope!).

Of course, here I am going on and on about how I'm protecting my daughter's image and now I'm going to totally blow her cover! And I mean cover. Ever since Artful Blogging magazine came out, I have had dreams of being in the magazine. After participating in Vanessa's Mad Hatter tea party, Vanessa approached me and said Artful Blogging was doing an article on the party and asked if they could use some of my images. Ummm-HECK YES! Then yesterday I was looking at the cover of the new issue online and realized one of my pictures in on the cover! WOOHOO! It's at the top left, under the title. My little girl is a cover girl and I'm a magazine photographer. Maybe we need to start hanging out with Paris Hilton or something. The issue will be out on November 1st!

Okay, back to Fiskars. I won this cool stuff for scheduling a bunch of Fiskars Demos last month. I love new crafty supplies-especially when they are a gift! I'm a Certified Fiskars Demonstrator and I've been teaching everyone I know about the joys of Fiskars-as you know if you read this blog regularly.

Now for the moment you have been waiting for! The winner of the Sakura goodies is comment number 3-Peggy #4129! Congratulations Peggy. Please send me your address and I'll get a super duper package out to you! Don't fret if you don't win-I've still got more pens and will have another giveaway soon.

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for my Witch's Tea Party!