Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A mermaid is my muse

I was working on some watercolor illustrations of women, when my muse (aka my 3 year old daughter) wandered into my studio and said they looked like mermaids. If you remember, saying something is "mermaid", be it a dress or how you look that day, is the highest compliment you can get in this house. Of course, I immediately pulled out a new sheet of paper and began working on some mermaids. I love them! So does my muse. She said that she "really likes the mommy mermaid and the baby mermaid". I just listed a print and some note cards featuring these illustrations in my Etsy shop. I'll post the original illustrations of the women I was working on later this week.

It amazes me how much my daughter inspires me. I don't know what I would be painting if I didn't have her around. I am so lucky that my muse is a three year old "mermaid".