Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Mini Halloween Celebration


My obsession with my daughter's dollhouse continues. In June, I decorated her dollhouse on her birthday to look like the princesses who live there were throwing her a party. There was a tiny banner, cake and party hats for all! Now, it's Halloween and the decorating must continue. (I think I'm going to be busy this holiday season!) Little O thinks: "if I can dream it, Mommy can make it". So I was informed that Sleeping Beauty wanted to be a witch for Halloween (do you think Aurora has wicked Stepmother issues?)and Belle wanted to be a fairy. Of course, I took the challenge. Here's what I came up with. First the costumes. They weren't that hard. I'm just lucky I have tiny hands so I can create this tiny stuff!

I put up a cobweb and spiderweb in the attic too! Spooky! It's just some fusible webbing ripped up and a small toy spider stuck into it.
A banner was in order as well. The amazing thing? I was showing it to my daughter and spelled out the word and told her it said Boo! A few hours later, she brought me one of her books and said "look it says Boo". I think she read for the first time! How cool is that? See? I'm not playing-I'm teaching!
Of course, it wouldn't be a party without teeny tiny cupcakes.


Speaking of cupcakes! Look what I made! Go here and here. I think I need a hobby. Wait! I think I do have a hobby!