Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shop Makeover



I got side tracked yesterday and started reading the Shop Makeover series in The Storque. I've now let everything else slide and have been working away on cleaning up my shop. I changed my banner, avatar, worked on tagging my items and am slowly changing my photos so that they look cohesive with my brand.

There was a photo hint about keeping the backgrounds the same that I thought was brilliant. I carry a lot of different styles & items, but now I feel like my shop looks like everything belongs there. I've been struggling with having a specific "look" in my shop and have thought about only having cards to keep it "clean" but I think the background is the answer to my struggles. So simple! Why didn't I think of it earlier? I have a ton of item images to change, but I did the ones you see first so you can already see how fresh that simple change makes everything look.

One of the reasons I did this is because I'm opening a Lollishop in November and I have decided to move all my sweet stuff to that shop and keep my Etsy shop more about illustration and cards. I think the new look reflects that.

I also put a bunch of new holiday cards up in the shop today. Many of the illustrations will look familiar, but as I get better with Photoshop, I'm redesigning my cards. It's amazing how different a card can look with a little graphic design added to it. Take my Thanksgiving card for example:

Before:


After:


I also added some topaz colored crystals and made the envelopes extra special. You can buy the new cards here.



So what do you think? Do like the new & improved shop?