Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sleepy Girl

I went on a painting "bender" last night and then couldn't sleep. My creativity keeps me awake if I work in my studio too close to bedtime. I've completed a few new illustration-style paintings. The look of the little girls is very Ni Hao Kai-lan which makes sense since it's my daughter's favorite show right now. (Mine too.)

I showed my husband the latest works, and as usual he acted like he was actually interested even though I know this isn't his style. The funny thing is, whenever I ask him what his favorite of any of my paintings is, he never picks the one I'm most proud of. Is it him or is my taste totally crazy? Here's my latest favorite: I like the note book sketch look of it. It also has my birdcage & bird symbolism in it, so maybe that's why I like it.

I think he prefers something more "finished" looking. Here is his favorite:

What's yours? (I won't be mad if you side with him!)