Monday, October 6, 2008

Tea Party

First of all, I wanted to announce that Jennifer Priest was the winner of my World Card Making Day drawing. Congratulations Jennifer!

A couple of weeks ago, I received my latest issue of Somerset Memories. As many of you know, I'm not much of a scrapbooker, but I was feeling sickly and was bored of being on the couch and the magazine inspired me to do a lay-out. I combined some traditional scrapbook paper, but I also incorporated my original illustrations into the lay-out. All the pieces in the tea set are mine. One of my goals is to eventually license my artwork and I want to start playing around to see how my drawings could be useful to manufacturers out there. I think it would be a dream come true to have my illustrations turned into scrapbook paper and embellishments one day.

I've had a lot of positive response for my doodling lately. Many of you told me you liked my new mushroom banner and I really appreciate the feedback. I'm sharing a couple more doodles and am working away on creating some cards and other goodies for my Etsy shop using them. I'll let you know when I release them.

Many of you asked about how I color my illustrations. Lately, I have been using Sakura's Souffle Pens. These are my absolute favorite to use! Actually, I love many of Sakura's products. So I am having ANOTHER blog contest! That's right! This is the third one in a week! I have a load of Sakura products that I'm going to raffle off in a random drawing on October 17th. I'm going to send you an amazing package of Sakura goodies! All you have to do is leave a comment here. If you use any Sakura products, it would be great if you could share your favorite in the comment too! Good luck and spread the word!