Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fiskars Friday on Sunday!

I didn't forget about the drawing! I have been running behind all week. (Well, actually, all month!) I did pick a winner and it's Sondra! She said I should name the little girl Cecilia and call her Cissy for short. Since that's my Great Aunt name, I was immediately drawn to the idea. Thanks so much for playing! Sondra-I don't have a way to contact you, so please get in touch with me so that I can get your address! I want to send you a package of Sakura pens!

To continue with my trend of being behind, I'm also going to post my Fiskars Friday idea today. One of these days, it will actually go up on a Friday! I saw these cute paper Christmas trees in Martha Stewart's magazine this month and couldn't wait to try it! It required cutting out circles in various sizes, so I pulled out my Fiskars Ultra ShapeXpress and the circle template for it and was able to create these trees in mere minutes. It was such a fun way to use my paper scraps. You could probably also use leftover wrapping paper, provided it was thick enough. I used K&Co.'s Amy Butler paper for the pink & green tree and DCWV paper to create the black & silver trees. I thought the black & silver trees would be really cute on my New Year's Eve table. The paper is glittered, so I'm planning on sprinkling candles around them to really make them glitter.

I promise I'll be back soon with some great photos and craft ideas for the holidays!