Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's a little crazy around here.

I have a terrible cold! It's been about 10 days now, and I'm barely feeling human. But that's not the worst of it. Our dog, Jack, tore his ACL (knee ligament). We don't know how he did it, but he's hopping around on three legs. It's heartbreaking to see. He's the best little mutt-dog anyone could ask for. He goes into surgery tomorrow. The worst of it is, he will have to be crated for 6-8 weeks in order for the knee to heal properly. We are very bad dog parents and let him sleep in our bed and sit on our furniture, so this is going to be very difficult for him. How is he going to be able to attend tea parties with my daughter? Please keep us in your thoughts. Jack is like a member of our family and we can't stand to see him suffer-physically or emotionally.

So between being sick and taking care of an injured dog, I'm a little behind on my to do list! Why do these things always happen around the holidays? I'm also trying to get ready for the CHA Show. I think I've finally finished my branding. After posting about my business cards, my mom pointed out that she didn't think the designs really reflected me. I thought about it, and realized she was right. So I redid everything. The new blog look here is an example of what I'm thinking about. Do you like it? Do you agree with my mom? (She's pretty smart, isn't she?)

P.S. Jack's surgery is very expensive. If you were ever thinking of buying something from my Etsy shop, it would much appreciated if you would do it now! I promise the money won't go to more craft supplies!