Sunday, February 22, 2009

a challenge

Brenda Pinnick kindly challenged me to work through my creativity block. She gave me five words and asked that I use them as inspiration for a project. The words she gave me were:

crocodile skin

I am really struggling creatively and was at a loss as to what I could do for the challenge until Saturday morning. I was rolling the words around in my mind since Friday morning and this mobile idea just popped-up. As I worked on it, it changed from my original plans, but I'm quite pleased with the result. I'm not going to go through and explain how, where or even if the words are incorporated into the project, but I'd love to hear what you see in it.
It was an easy project to construct, although I did have problems balancing it since this was my first attempt at such a project. I cut circles out of transparency paper using my Fiskars UltraShape Xpress and then put rub-ons on the circles. I used a silver leaf pen to outline the edges of the circles so that they would pop a bit when hanging. It was a very quick project and has a lot of future potential. I'm thinking of using my Sticklers from Sakura to make another one. Or even printing some of my original illustrations onto transparency paper to see what comes up. Lots could be done to the structure as well. So, I think the challenge worked. Five words later, I have a ton of ideas swirling in my head. I can't wait to see what Brenda came up with using the words I challenged her to! Visit her blog to check it out!