Friday, February 20, 2009

movie night

My muse is still on vacation and judging from the number of emails I got to the last post, there must be a muse convention going on somewhere. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who misplaced her muse.

Since I need to keep busy, and art isn't happening for me right now, I'm hanging out in the kitchen and making cupcakes. When all else That's way I'm not the skinnest blogger in town. I found these really cool "popcorn" cupcakes in the book, Hello Cupcake! Then I found the plastic popcorn boxes in the dollar bins at Target and knew I was destined to make them.

I made vanilla cupcakes and vanilla buttercream frosting from Amy Sedaris' book, I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence. The "popcorn" is made from white & yellow marshmallows. They were incredibly easy to make and have a big WOW factor. Actually, all the cupcakes in Hello Cupcake are like that. And the author has a blog! Check it out here.

Wouldn't these be a great dessert for an Academy Award bash? Or a little girl's slumber party?

P.S. The talented Brenda Pinnick has kindly offered to be my temporary muse. If you want to come and play with us, visit her blog here.