Wednesday, February 18, 2009

my muse is on vacation


Ever have one of those weeks? I just don't have any creative inspiration. I really, really, really want to paint or make something. I have actually had some spare time, and my studio is fairly organized for once. But I go in and nothing happens. If I force myself to do something, I'm unhappy with the result. I'm so frustrated I could cry. It's like the desire to create is there and really wants to come out. It just can't. Very frustrating and almost physically painful. And it's been going on for weeks now. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm focusing too much on the business side of things. I sometimes get too focused on doing my art for business and my muse gets very cranky with me about that. So she packs up and heads out on vacation. To teach me a lesson. To remind me that I'm doing this for a living so that I can have fun and do what I love. Not to turn art into a chore. Anyway, she's gone. I wish she would at least send me a postcard. If you see her out and about (she's the one in sparkly shoes, red hair with blond highlights, too much jewelry and can be a little loud) could you tell her I miss her and want her to come home? I have candy.