Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sakura


This is the last post about CHA. Next week, I'm back to my regular life! I have a couple of great Valentine posts to share with you. But first I wanted to show you some cool new techniques I learned at the Sakura booth while I was at CHA. Sakura has these really cool stickers called Sticklers. You put the Sticklers onto a surface and then color in the design with Sakura's gel pens. Before going to the booth, I had no idea how many ways I could use this product! To make the "Love" tag and the "Sushi" card, I put a Stickler onto transparency paper and colored in the Stickler with Glaze pens. Then I punched an opening on the card or tag and glued the transparency into the opening.

Of course, once I got started, I couldn't stop playing with this product and was running all around my studio looking for things to embellish. I've had this plain, glass box on my desk forever, and now I love how colorful it looks! Almost like stained-glass.
The other technique I learned was how to make the pens act like watercolors. Again, I used a Stickler, but I put this one onto some watercolor paper. Then I took the Glaze pens out again, and laid down a spot of ink. Working quickly, I then pulled the wet ink across the image with a damp watercolor brush. This is a great technique to use if you want to do some shading with your markers.

Okay, I'm off to play with my pens some more. Do you think my husband would be very mad if I embellished the windows?