Thursday, March 19, 2009

chalkboard makeover

We use the chalkboard in my kitchen all the time. It's the only way we can seem to keep track of what we need at the grocery. Every time we use the last of something, it goes on the list. Such a simple system, but it makes a huge difference in staying organized. Of course, there's always a joker. Whenever my brother comes over he adds horrible things to the list, and I never see them until it's too late. Like the time he put "crack cocaine" on the list and I didn't realize it until AFTER the babysitter left. Nice.

I was kind of bored the way it looked though. It didn't really my match latest interest (cupcakes!), so I thought I would dress it up. I originally thought I would paint it, but then I got too lazy to get everything out, so I just pulled some scrapbook paper and glued! I'm super happy with it. I love that I can use some scrapbook paper that I really love in a way that allows me to look at it everyday.

Here are the supplies I used:

"Nana's Kitchen" Paper Stack by DCWV
Fiskars' "Threading Water" Border Punch (Probably my very favorite tool!)