Sunday, March 8, 2009

Flower Soft

I've been playing with a new product I discovered at CHA in January. It's called Flower Soft and with it, you can create the cutest, cottage-style, three dimensional look. It's so easy to use too. Just glue and sprinkle and you have a unique effect I haven't seen anywhere else. I decided to play with the product and here's what I came up.

I have seen variations of these paper bag houses/gift bags all over the web lately. It inspired me to take it one step further and I created a little flower shop out of a pink bag I had laying around. Don't the flowers look almost real? I'm thinking this bag would be great to tuck a little packet of seeds in, along with some gardening gloves, for your favorite gardener.

Egg cozies. I feel so British! Seriously though, it brings back fantastic memories from my childhood. Whenever we stayed at my grandmother's house, she would always make us "egg in an egg cup" (aka soft boiled eggs). We loved dipping our long, buttery strips of toast into the rich yolk. I have a small collection of egg cups because of that memory and now I'm on a kick making egg cozies. They are super easy to sew and are the perfect surprise for Easter morning. After adding the Flower Soft flowers to this cozy, I was thinking it would be great on a tray for breakfast in bed for Mom on Mother's Day.

To order Flower Soft products, visit their website at

(I've been busy all weekend creating my Spring & Easter collection for my Etsy Shop! Come back tomorrow for the unveiling!)