Monday, March 30, 2009

putting my feet up


I know, I know. I've been a very blogger. I really am working though & hatching plans & hoping that once the "eggs" hatch, this blog will be bigger & better than ever. In the meantime, I want to thank everyone who sticks with me through thick & thin. Speaking of thick...let's talk about my ankles! I swear, no matter how thin I am, I have monster sized "cankles". For the slender ankle crowd, who don't know what a "cankle" is-it stands for calf-ankles.

Where was I? Oh! I wanted to share another embroidery/sewing project I've been working on. I have always wanted to make my own slippers, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I used a stiff felt for the slipper sole and soft felt for the top of the slipper. I got the darling embroidery pattern here. It was first try at slippers, but considering I'm a newbie at both sewing and embroidery, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I took a bunch of notes during the process and am thinking of how I can improve the slipper pattern (yes, I did the pattern freehand!) and the process.