Tuesday, March 3, 2009

queen of cupcakes


While I was suffering through my creative block last month, I tried to work in my visual journal. When I'm really stuck, the freedom of working in my journal sometimes helps. There's something about working in a book that is designated to be messy and free. I know that I can choose whether I show the work in this book or not. It's for me-with no rules. This page was inspired by Somerset Studio's article on Danita. Her paintings are darling.

Speaking of Somerset Studio, I was in the latest issue! I have two paper dolls featured in the March/April 2009 issue. The entire issue is dedicated to paper dolls and you know how feel about that. Run out and get yourself a copy! I have to say I was really thrilled to be included in Somerset Studio. I have been featured in other Somerset publications, but Somerset Studio was the first altered art magazine I ever picked up and it influenced my early creative journey immensely. I got my first copy about two years ago and it's unbelievable to me that I now have artwork featured in it. I guess what I'm trying to say is you can live your dreams. You just have to believe, add a little elbow grease and trust that it will happen.